Friday, June 19, 2009

The Itch to Pitch Challenge - Week 1

The Happy Housewife is hosting an "Itch to Pitch" challenge all summer long. I am WAY overdue for some pitching so I'm jumping right in.

I don't have a lot of time for cleaning and organizing (hence the problem), but if I keep my projects small I know I can stick with it and eventually regain control over my home :) My first project was to clean up the top of my fridge:


We keep most of our pet food and a lot of accessories up there. That's ok, but I do NOT need a thousand unused poop bags strewn about and other bits and pieces falling on my head everytime I open the freezer or need an onion out of the bin.

Um no, nothing disgusting to see here, move along.


Scrubbed and dusted:


I even cleaned the freezer door seal!


It's still a little crowded up there, but much improved. With all the junk disposed of, a couple half empty treat bags consolidated into a single gladware container, and a few other items moved to more appropriate homes we can easily get to what we need, and NOT get a kibble shower in the process.



I have been complaining about the top of the fridge for months but kept procrastinating on dealing with the problem. This took me about 40 minutes start to finish, and it didn't even kill me. I'm SO MUCH happier now that its done. I need to quit whining and just get stuff done. Thanks to the Happy Housewife for helping me get my butt in gear!

1 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

Wow great job! I bet it feels great to have it cleaned and organized! Thanks for participating!

Post a Comment