Monday, July 20, 2009

Itch to Pitch - The Saga Continues

Its been a hectic week for me, and super super hot. We don't have A/C in our house, and once it starts getting over 90 regularly the house just never gets a chance to cool down. So I kept putting off any decluttering and before I knew it, it was Monday and I hadn't gotten anything done :( But I am getting sooo close to achieving order in my office that I didn't want to lose my momentum, so I picked a relatively small chunk and just dove in. Once I got started it wasn't bad at all. Again, I just need to keep kicking myself in the butt and DO IT.

But first, last week I posted this picture of all my computer junk I've decided to get rid of:


This weekend they had an electronics recycling event nearby, so we loaded up the truck and took it away. Now the spare bedroom looks like this:


Yay! I'm proud of us for following through. Many times we'll stack stuff in an out of the way spot intending to "take care of it later" and it just sits (how do you think I ended up with so much crap in the first place? :) But we made a plan, found when a recylcing event was scheduled, and got it done.

This week I ended up tackling one half of my computer desk. As I said, its been a crazy week so I picked a project that wasn't too big. This elephant will get eaten eventually, I just need to take small bites! Here's the before:


And here's the after:


And, if you've been following my Itch to Pitch posts, you know who really benefits when I get rid of clutter:


I swear I don't stage the cat pics, they just love getting into everything :)

Check out more of the Itch to Pitch Challenge!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Awesome work!!! It always feels so good when everything has a home. I've had a great week at getting some much needed organization done.

I wanted to let you know I made Homemade Thin Mints this evening and they were delicious. I used semi sweet chocolate chips and I recommend using a little more mint extract, 1/2 t. It only made 18 cookies but they were good and tasted very similar to thin mints.

L2L said...

It seems like I could do a pitch post on my computer desk every week. In fact that is what my pitch is on next week, lol. Great job on your pitch, here is what I did for this week if you want to check my progress out too!!!
http://learntolove-lovetolearn.blogspot.com/2009/07/itch-to-pitch-week-5.html

Post a Comment