Sunday, August 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - 8/2/09


This week I'm trying to focus on using up stuff I've had around forever and need to use up. That means delving down to the bottom of the freezer for a turkey breast I got several months ago for $.88/lb, and a whole chicken that's been in there a while. Along with the turkey I'll be using up some mashed potatoes from the freezer, and some canned Pilsbury biscuits that are past their "best by" date. I also have a number of boxed dinner kits lurking in my cupboards that I don't really want to eat. I'm not sure why I have them, I suppose they were a good deal and I thought I'd try them out, but evidently I shouldn't have bought more than one, because I think they're kind of gross. I can't STAND wasting food though, so I've decided that I will use the noodles from these kits and throw the icky sauce powder stuff out. They can't screw noodles up that badly, can they? :) I'll let you know how it turns out!
  • Sunday: Crockpot Roast Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes (from freezer), biscuits, salad
  • Monday: Leftover turkey dinner
  • Tuesday: Turkey Noodle Casserole (based on this recipe, but I'll use turkey instead of chicken and a homemade white sauce instead of the mushroom soup)
  • Wednesday: Leftover casserole
  • Thursday: Crockpot Roast Sticky Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Veggies
  • Friday: Chicken Enchiladas, Mexican Rice, Salad
  • Saturday: Leftover Enchiladas, Rice, Salad

Check out more great menus at Menu Plan Monday

0 comments:

Post a Comment