Sunday, September 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday (9/27/09)



Its been over 100 degrees here almost every day this past week, so needless to say I've enjoyed being lazy and eating meals from the freezer and crockpot. Thankfully the heat is supposed to end this week, and it should start cooling off considerably. I'm glad because I've been itching to try a few new recipes which require actually being in the kitchen, and some even turning on the oven!  Here's what's in store:
  • Sunday: Spicy Honey Glazed Pork Chops - this is a new one I'm trying, it's from the e-cookbook "America's Favorite Pork Chop Recipes" - you can download it here (requires signing up for a free newsletter).
  • Monday: Asian Chicken and Noodles - another new one
  • Tuesday: Pasta Bake
  • Wednesday: Leftovers/Fend for Yourself
  • Thursday: Carnitas (from the freezer) - I had a TON of leftovers when I made these last week, so I put some in the freezer to enjoy again this week.
  • Friday: Homemade pizza from freezer (I use this recipe when I make dough - it makes enough for 3 pizzas - I cook one and freeze 2 for future use)
  • Saturday: Chicken (Crock)Pot Pie - I haven't done this before, but I'm going to experiment and try my favorite chicken pot pie recipe in the crockpot. I'll post the recipe if it comes out good :) If it comes out bad, we'll just never speak of it again, deal?
See what everyone else is eating over at Menu Plan Monday

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's been hot in Vegas too. Doesn't cool down for awhile so I feel your pain.
You have some terrific recipes this week.
I love MPM. I get so much inspiration from the participants.

Pigs Do Fly said...

How did the pork come out? Is it a keeper recipe?

Savings Ninja said...

Yes! Ninja hubz and I both thought the pork chops were great. It is a very easy recipe too - just a few minutes to prepare, then throw it in the oven with some baked potatoes.

Zonnah said...

The Spicy Honey Glazed Pork Chops sounds really good.

Zom G. said...

SAVINGS NINJA!! Too crazy..I've been cracking my husband up all week with my savings ninja character -- think karate chops and bad accent. Your week looks really yummy. HIII---JAAA!

Post a Comment