Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mom's Meatloaf (Freezable)

There's a million variations on meatloaf, but I say why mess with perfection? :) This is the recipe my mom always made while I was growing up, and its still one of my favorites today. Its not glamorous but it is quick, easy, and yummy!

Mom's Meatloaf

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup ketcheup
  1. Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly (I usually take off my rings and use my bare hands to make sure everything gets mixed really well).
  2. Form into a loaf.
  3. To cook right away: Place in a shallow baking dish, cook at 350 for 50 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
  4. To freeze: wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. To cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator and follow directions above.
Check out more great recipes at The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap!

0 comments:

Post a Comment